Overpipe™ Protection Plates
About Overpipe™ Protection Plates
The Overpipe™ HDPE mechanical protection plate was developed with GDF Suez (now Engie) R&D to provide an innovative alternative to concrete slabs. They are exclusively distributed in Australasia by Tapex Industrial.
Overpipe™ plates have been tested rigorously to meet the requirements of mechanical protection under AS2885. Overpipe™ is 15 mm thick and up to 2000 mm long, coming in widths from 570mm up to 2000 mm. Overpipe™ is designed to protect large diameter buried pipelines (high pressure gas, hydrocarbons, potable water etc), high voltage cables, critical water pipelines and communication cables.
Made from injection moulded virgin HDPE, Overpipe™ plates perform consistently without splitting or cracking under penetrative attack. Most importantly, backed by a 50 year warranty, Overpipe™ provides long term mechanical protection for any vulnerable buried assets. Overpipe™ is the solution, when the possibility of 3rd party interference is an unacceptable risk to public safety and/or interruption of service.
Quick to install, no specialist lifting machinery is required – reducing installation costs. Overpipe™ plates can in fact be reused after a pipeline has been uncovered for maintenance. The perforated plastic plates do not interfere with cathodic protection testing.
The Overpipe™ Protection Plate fits the requirements of numerous utilities globally including Gaz de France, Saudi Aramco, Petronas, Total, Air Liquide & Fluxys, regarding the transportation by pipeline of high pressure gas.
In Australia & New Zealand, Overpipe™ plates have now been approved for use above hydrocarbon pipelines by APA, Jemena, QGC, Shell, Sea Gas, Epic Energy, Tas Gas, Santos, First Gas & Vector.
- Made from an injection moulded virgin HDPE polymer for consistency & strength.
- Holes across the surface of the plate allow the flow of water and no disruption of cathodic protection measurement. The holes are made by moulding and not by later drilling which would weaken the plates.
- The moulded non-slip surface on both sides helps handling and avoids slip and fall accidents.
- Coloured and UV resistant to be an effective warning signal. Overpipe™ can be produced in different colours depending on the nature of the utility.
- Customizable warning message, moulded in relief into the surface.
- Light weight (15 to 40 kilograms depending on the model), Overpipe™ is easy to install and remove to allow inspection or repair of the pipeline.
- The plates can be butted end to end or for total protection, overlapped using a unique clip system.
Product Information - Overpipe™ Protection Plates - EMS Marker Ball Communications - Spliced Rope Connector
|Product Code||Description||Size (mm)||Pack|
|811008||OV5 Gas||570 x 1500 x 15||Each|
|811009||OV6 Gas||820 x 1500 x 15||Each|
|811020||OV1 Gas||1250 x 2000 x 15||Each|
|811022||OV3 Gas||1500 x 2000 x 15||Each|
|811032||Spliced Rope Connector||Each|
|1401-XR||EMS Marker Ball Communications||Each|